Today GitHub has announced the extension of its free plan to include unlimited private repositories. This is great because allows a lot more people to start experimenting their side projects and keep them confidential until they ready to be shared publicly.
GerritHub.io allows extending this amazing offer by having a fully-featured code review process on top of their GitHub private repositories and still keep the confidentiality needed for early-stage projects. Differently from GitHub, however, GerritHub allows you to have an unlimited number of reviewers and collaborators, for free, forever.
A wonderful new 2019 is starting with two amazing free offers to allow everyone to experiment and unleash their potential:
- Free unlimited repos from GitHub, limited to 3 collaborators
- Free unlimited repos from GerritHub, with unlimited collaborators for reviews
That’s super-cool, how do I start?
Getting started with your private GitHub repositories on GerritHub is easy:
- Go to https://review.gerrithub.io
- Click the top-right “Sign-in” link
- Select “Private” option and click the top-right “Login” button
- Enter your GitHub credentials
- Allow GerritHub to access in reading/writing your private repositories
- Select the GitHub SSH keys and profile into Gerrit, and click the top-right “Next” button
- Select the organization and repositories to import into GerritHub, and click the top-right “Import” button
- Select the GitHub PRs you want to import into GerritHub for review, and click the top-right “Import Selected” button
Once you’re done with the above steps, you’re up-and-running with GerritHub and you are free to invite collaborators and accept reviews.
You can follow the GerritHub video on YouTube which describes the above process.
I am new to Gerrit Code Review, where do I start?
There is plenty of information on the web about Gerrit Code Review. The best place to start is the project’s tutorial in the documentation.
Alternatively, you can watch the presentation by Shawn Pearce, the Gerrit Code Review project’s founder.
Have questions? Get in touch with the Community.
In case of issues, questions, you can get in touch with the Gerrit Code Review Community, and they will be happy to guide you through and provide support.
- Twitter: @GerritReview
- Google Groups: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/repo-discuss
Want to use Gerrit into your Enterprise?
If you decide to use Gerrit Code Review in your Enterprise and you need the service level compliant with your company standards, you can get in touch with GerritForge which offers the full coverage of the Enterprise Support you will need:
- Silver: 8×5 Support, with 24h turnaround for P1 issues
- Gold: 24×7 Support, with 8h turnaround for P1 issues
- Platinum: 24x7x365 Support, with 4h turnaround for P1 issues
With GitHub and GerritHub you have no excuses anymore to start innovating right now, with free unlimited repositories and free unlimited Gerrit reviewers and contributors.
Go and innovate, the future is now.