The Gerrit User Summit 2019 is approaching fast, with new exciting features and a brand-new Gerrit v3.0 release to present and discuss together.
The event is FREE but you need to register in advance for the Gerrit User Summit 2019 on Eventbrite.
One Summit, two events
The Gerrit User Summit & Hackathon is composed of two different events and locations, one in Sweden (Europe), hosted and sponsored by Volvo Cars, and another in California (USA) in the new GerritForge Inc. HQ. Having two separate events in two different quarters will allow most of the community around the globe to attend and share their experience and ideas.
Hackathon open to new contributors
The first part of the event is a 5-days Hackathon reserved for the current Gerrit contributors and maintainers plus anyone that is willing to start contributing to the platform. Differently, from the previous years, the community is now welcome even people that have not contributed to Gerrit before but they are willing to do so.
It is a fantastic opportunity for people to join, work side-by-side and pair with the Gerrit maintainers for a whole week. It can be a unique opportunity to implement the features that you always wanted to see in Gerrit and learning how we develop and review our changes.
The usual 2-days Users Summit after the Hackathon is opened to all the members of the community or who is willing to adopt Gerrit Code Review in their development process in the near future.
This year there are a number of exciting news:
- The introduction of an official Gerrit Community Process with an Engineering Steering Committee and Community Managers
- Gerrit v3.0 and the full migration to NoteDb and PolyGerrit
- The multi-site plugin goes OpenSource for allowing anyone to run multiple masters on different sites
The full schedule of the event is available on the Gerrit User Summit 2019 site.
Proposing a new talk
More talks and customer stories are scheduled and, if you have something to tell to the rest of the community, you can submit your talk by creating a change and push to Gerrit Summit 2019 repository:
- Open the repository commands age at https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/admin/repos/summit/2019,commands
- Click on “CREATE CHANGE”
- Select “master” branch, put your description and create the new change
- Click on “Edit” on the top-right of the page
- Click on “Open” in the mid toolbar and open the page you would like to edit.
For proposing a new session, you need to add one file with the name of your talk into the sessions folder, using the template.md as an example.
Where and when
Volvo Cars HQ at their HQ in Gothenburg (Sweden)
- 24-28th August 2019 – Gerrit Hackathon Europe
- 29-30th August 2019 – Gerrit User Summit Europe
GerritForge Inc HQ in Sunnyvale CA (USA)
- 11-15th November 2019 – Gerrit Hackathon USA
- 16-17th November 2019 – Gerrit User Summit USA
Thanks to our sponsors
I would like to thank Volvo Cars and Nicholas Mucci for hosting, sponsoring and organizing the Gerrit User Summit Europe in Gothenburg (Sweden) and GerritForge for hosting and sponsoring the events in both Europe and the USA in Sunnyvale CA (USA).
Gerrit Code Review Maintainer and Release Manager
Member of the Engineering Steering Committee