Git is the fastest-growing DVCS (distributed version control system) in the enterprise. It provides a viable alternative to ClearCase – in particular when deployed side-by-side with Subversion or binary repository systems.
We will cover in a technical session provides a developers’s point of view, about pro’s and con’s for Git versus ClearCase. It also provides practical guidelines and reference charts, to enable a smooth transition.
What we cover:
- Detailed comparison: features and SCM processes
- How to translate SCM commands, side-by-side
- Security and scalability – tips and tricks
- Migration topics – pitfalls and solutions
- Multi-site replication – Git versus ClearCase
Do not miss the next forthcoming Webinar on how to migrate ClearCase to Git, organised and sponsored by CollabNet Inc.
Thursday, August 1, 2013, 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM PST