The Gerrit User Summit 2014 is about to start in only 2 days: it is going to be a two days of exciting news and innovations on the world of Code Review. There are names from the largest industries in the world that have adopted the Code Review workflow in large enterprise environments: Google, SAP, SonyMobile, Ericsson, IBM, Garmin, HP, CollabNet, GerritForge, Codenvy, Eclipse Foundation and LibreOffice.
During all this week there is a special promotional discount on the Learning Gerrit Code Review book. Additionally, for the attendees of the conference, there will be a limited number of signed paperback copies available at the session “Gerrit or GitHub? Take both !”
Book PROMO-CODE: LGCRB20
eBook PROMO-CODE: LGCReB20
The Gerrit User Summit Agenda has been published yesterday and has a lot of very interesting talks and announcements:
Day 1 – Friday 21st of March
- What’s new in Gerrit 2.8 (David Pursehouse – Gerrit maintainer – SonyMobile)
- Scaling Gerrit at Ericsson (Patrick Renaud, Vladimir Cantiru, Hugo Ares – Ericsson)
- Monitoring Gerrit (Doug Kelly – Garmin)
- Browsing Repository Content with Gerrit’s REST API (Simon Kaegi – IBM)
- Gerrit@LibreOffice (David Ostrovsky – LibreOffice)
- Gerrit plugins made easy with Scripting (Luca Milanesio – GerritForge)
- The Angular revolution in Gerrit! (Dariusz Luksza – CollabNet)
The day 1 would end with a very interesting Q&A with the Gerrit User Community about the features they would like to see coming up in the next forthcoming releases!
Day 2 – Saturday 22nd of March
- 2014 Roadmap (Shawn Pearce – Gerrit project founder, Google)
- Gerrit@SAP (Edwin Kempin – Gerrit Code Review maintainer – SAP)
- Integrating CLA and Origin checks with Gerrit (Denis Roy – Eclipse Foundation)
- Guiding Diffy to the Enterprise land (Dariusz Luksza, Eryk Szymanski – CollabNet)
- Collaboration at Scale: The Openstack CI toolbox (Khai Do – HP)
- Gerrit or GitHub? Take Both! (Luca Milanesio – GerritForge)
- Diffy gets Enterprise grade (Dariusz Luksza, Eryk Szymanski – CollabNet)
- Continuous Development with Gerrit (Tyler Jewell & Luca Milanesio – Codenvy & GerritForge)
The day 2 will end with a meet-up with food and drinks sponsored and organised by Codenvy where the Gerrit Community can discuss and exchange their post-Summit impressions and ideas on the future of Code Review.
It is going to be again a huge leap forward for the Code Review community and the Git and Gerrit projects improvement !